by Andrew Hodges
posted Jan 22 2014 9:58AM
Everybody wants to be Successful but doesn't really put in the time. This is such a good read and really makes you think.
19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful
You have to do the hard things.
- You have to make the call you’re afraid to make.
- You have to get up earlier than you want to get up.
- You have to give more than you get in return right away.
- You have to care more about others than they care about you.
- You have to fight when you are already injured, bloody, and sore.
- You have to feel unsure and insecure when playing it safe seems smarter.
- You have to lead when no one else is following you yet.
- You have to invest in yourself even though no one else is.
- You have to look like a fool while you’re looking for answers you don’t have.
- You have to grind out the details when it’s easier to shrug them off.
- You have to deliver results when making excuses is an option.
- You have to search for your own explanations even when you’re told to accept the “facts.”
- You have to make mistakes and look like an idiot.
- You have to try and fail and try again.
- You have to run faster even though you’re out of breath.
- You have to be kind to people who have been cruel to you.
- You have to meet deadlines that are unreasonable and deliver results that are unparalleled.
- You have to be accountable for your actions even when things go wrong.
- You have to keep moving towards where you want to be no matter what’s in front of you.
You have to do the hard things. The things that no one else is doing. The things that scare you. The things that make you wonder how much longer you can hold on.
Those are the things that define you. Those are the things that make the difference between living a life of mediocrity or outrageous success.
The hard things are the easiest things to avoid. To excuse away. To pretend like they don’t apply to you.
The simple truth about how ordinary people accomplish outrageous feats of success is that they do the hard things that smarter, wealthier, more qualified people don’t have the courage — or desperation — to do.
Do the hard things. You might be surprised at how amazing you really are.
Read more: http://danwaldschmidt.com/2014/01/attitude/hard-things#ixzz2r8vGBwkj
by Holly O'Connor
posted Jan 21 2014 8:32AM
Get ready to have your mind blown! There are SECRET MENU ITEMS at some of your fast food restaurants. Next time you're at one of these establishments, try ordering one of them (but wait until they're NOT busy!!)
Burger King: Ham and Cheese
This is technically a regional offering, so you might find it on an actual menu here and there, but if you don’t, just ask for it. They have the ingredients back there.
McDonald’s: Chicken and Waffles
If you want a chicken and waffle sandwich from McDonald’s during the breakfast hours, just ask for one and they might make it for you. If they won’t, buy a sausage McGriddle and a Southern Style Chicken Biscuit, put the chicken in between the McGriddles, and boom: chicken and waffles, or something close to it if you want to nitpick. And hey, you’re left with a sausage biscuit!
Sonic: Deep-Fried Pickles
These were once featured on Sonic menus, but have been discontinued. But they’ve got pickles and batter back there, so try asking nicely.
Wendy’s actually has a fairly comprehensive secret menu, complete with named items like the Grand Slam, which is four patties in one burger (also affectionately called the "Meat Cube"). A favorite? The Barnyard: a burger patty, a spicy chicken fillet, ham, and bacon, with a slice of cheese in between each. Carnivorous perfection.
Original article HERE