by Miguel Fuller
posted Oct 29 2013 10:01AM
I'm a big believer in positive energy. If you are having a bad day, you can change it. Here are some ways to turn your day around!
1. A hug (A bear hug!!)
2. Hanging out with friends (A day at the buffet!)
3. Going for a walk
4. Listening to music (JOHN MAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
5. Watching your favorite TV show (Scandal and Revenge make me feel at home)
6. One-on-one time with your significant other (Meh) (lol)
7. A call or text from a friend
8. Comfort food (um, can we say mac & cheese?!?!?!?)
9. Coffee (Not my thing, maybe diet coke?!)
10. A call or text from a relative.
by J D
posted Oct 28 2013 12:56PM
Halloween is this week and if you're single you might be thinking about skipping Halloween this year. Silly mistake! I've listed the 5 reasons Halloween is just as good for single people!
1. No Couples Costumes. When you're single on Halloween, you get to dress up however you want. No lame couples costumes, you can dress up as Ironman or whatever you want and nobody can tell you no!
2. Ladies Get to Be Sexy. Ladies, Halloween is the one night a year you can dress up as sexy as you want. You can basically go out dressed in your underwear, and no one will bat an eye. So skank it up if that's your thing!
3. Guys Can Enjoy the Eye Candy. And guys, since you're not attached, there's nothing wrong with ogling all those sexy women...just don't be a creeper about it.
4. Spending Time with Your Friends. You can spend time with your friends whenever you want, but something about Halloween makes it better. No one specific is the center of attention...like at a birthday party...and there's just less drama. It's basically an excuse to have a crazy time, but it also makes you feel like a kid again!
5. You Can Hook Up. Maybe it's the costumes, but there just seems to be a better chance you'll get lucky with someone at Halloween party!
by Andrew Hodges
posted Oct 25 2013 10:01AM
For the first time in my 32 years of life I've finally experienced a Spray Tan- and I must say, it was quite pleasant......Except for the fact that I forgot to wash my hands afterwards.
Now I've got to walk around all weekend with Willy Wonka, Oompa Loompa looking hands.
If you’re contemplating the spray tan this Fall or Winter, here's the top 10 spray tan rules EVERYONE should know before getting one.
1. Don’t be afraid to try a spray tan.
2. Ask around for a salon recommendation. I went even further before getting my first spray tan and asked for recommendations from people who had similar skin colouring to me.
3. If the spray tan is for a special occasion like a wedding then make sure you do a test run at least a month out to make sure you’re happy with the colour.
4. If you’re getting a spray tan for a certain occasion, book in 48 hours before that event (it takes this long for the colour to fully develop).
5. Exfoliate and shave 24 hours before your spray tan appointment. Don’t use any moisturiser.
6. Do not do the “eagle” (brown body, white head). So that the colour on your face blends seamlessly with that on the rest of your body, ask your spray tanner to do a light spray over your face then adjust your foundation to suit. Bronzer also helps to blend face and body.
7. Head to your spray tan prepared with loose, dark clothing to put on afterwards. An Australian company has cleverly come up with a dress specifically for this task.
8. With some salon spray tans on the market these days you can shower four hours after its application. Despite this, I find mine has better staying power if I leave on overnight.
9. Moisturise EVERY day after a spray tan. I like to use a gradual tanner here as it will prolong the tan and make it less patchy when it fades.
10. Before tanning again, exfoliate or use a Tan Go cloth or Vani-T Tan Eraser to get rid of any residual colour. Think of them like Enjo gloves but for your body, not your kitchen sink!
by Miguel Fuller
posted Oct 25 2013 9:34AM
Six unwritten rules in life that everyone SHOULD follow . . . but nobody does.
1. If you finish the coffee, make more.
2. If a car stops for you to cross the street, hustle a little. (This makes me SOOOO angry when people take their time!)
3. Don't ask people how much they paid for things. It makes them uncomfortable, and it's a boring conversation anyway.
4. Wipe down equipment at the gym when you're done.
5. Never ask a pregnant woman when she's due, touch her belly without asking, or say, "You're huge!"
6. If someone looks bad in a photo, don't tag them on Facebook. (I use to be guilty of this because I thought it was FUNNY. When it was done to me...I felt like a fool.)
Anything you would add?
by Holly O'Connor
posted Oct 25 2013 8:07AM
As a new mom I'd be lying if I said I haven't noticed my body doing INSANE things. It's sort of like the body I knew before pregnancy has morphed into something alien- especially my boobs. Oh, the boobs! Who knew boobs could be so big and floppy at the same time?! It's crazy.
Well I happened to stumble across an article this morning that made me feel better about this whole foreign-body thing. It's the 7 stages your body goes through after childbirth, and I think it's dead on! Check it out HERE
by J D
posted Oct 7 2013 4:06PM
ARTPOP hits stores November 11th!
by Holly O'Connor
posted Oct 7 2013 7:50AM
A good first-date first-impression is almost as important as a strong first-date-cocktail, so here's some professional advice on what your drink says about you!
Red Wine- ordering a glass of red wine screams seduction. However, it's best to leave out the swirl-and-sniff routine because it could look like you're showing off.
White Wine- This is the more feminine wine choice, but ordering "house wine" will make you seem cheap- no matter what your gender is.
Martini- Ordering a martini may look sophisticated in movies, but it makes you look like an alcoholic on a first date.
Bay Breeze- Fruity drinks like this one scream, "I just discovered my parents' liquor cabinet." It's all sugary juice, hardly any alcohol, and a surefire hangover.
Manhattan- Ordering a Manhattan shows that you want to get drunk, and you want to get drunk quickly.
Beer- Guys loves a girl who can enjoy a cold beer, and some find it even more attractive when someone experiments with a different type of beer.
Anything On The Rocks- It's only okay to order hard alcohol on the rocks if you have the personality and look to back it up. On a first date, it's best to leave this one to the cast of "Mad Men."
Ok. So, What Is The Perfect First-Date Drink?
One veteran bartender recommends a Stoli Rasberry and club with a splash of cranberry juice. That way, you get some flavor, and it still looks like a nice drink.