1. Satellite and cable TV service. You can get deals on premium packages like NFL Sunday Ticket, and you can also get equipment fees waived. Sometimes they'll also let you in on unadvertised promotions.
2. Real estate commissions. Realtors are under pressure from online companies that help you sell your house on your own. You can usually get them to come down a percentage point or so. Especially if you agree to buy your new house with them too.
3. Healthcare. Providers hate doing the insurance paperwork. Sometimes they'll cut you a deal if you pay cash.
4. Jewelry. The retail markup on jewelry is usually 100% to 300%. They can afford to give BIG discounts.
5. College tuition. If you send more than one child to the same school, you can sometimes get a volume discount.
6. Furniture. At the very least, you should get them to give you free delivery. Sometimes you can get a lower price too.
7. Musical instruments. The chain stores don't do it quite as much. But local stores will almost always come down for you.
8. Gym memberships. There's a lot of competition, and terms are different from one member to the next. So you can often get them to do a special deal for you.
9. Cruise tickets. Wait until the last minute and score big on whatever still isn't booked.
10. Credit card rates. People with good credit get so many offers, it's easy to play the companies against each other.
11. Mattresses. Except for Tempur-Pedic, most brands have huge retail markups.
12. Tires. Shop around and ask your store to beat the best price. And ask to get the stems, mounting, balancing, and other extras for free.
13. Rent. Especially if you're renewing a lease and you start negotiating a few months in advance, you can get a much better deal than just waiting for that letter in the mail.
14. Back taxes. You can make a settlement deal under the right circumstances. Basically, you have to make the IRS believe they'll never get the full amount back. So it's only for people who are already a few years delinquent.
Check out more at Business Insider.